General dentistry services provided by dentist in 22015 zip code
Visiting a dentist regularly—at least every six months—is the best way to ensure the best dental care and maintenance possible. To avoid problems such as periodontal disease and cavities, patients should see their dental professional on a regular basis. Early detection is key, as well as learning preventative techniques. General dentistry services available at Burke Parkway Dental include the following:
- Dental cleanings – at every dental visit, we recommend patients have a thorough dental cleaning performed. Dental cleanings provide the dentist with a chance to evaluate the smile and our dental hygienists can reach crevices and spaces that might be missed during regular brushing and flossing.
- Dental examinations and x-rays – examinations are important for monitoring one’s oral health and wellness. Regular examinations and x-rays allows the dentist to see what is happening over time with the smile and catch anything that may be an indication of a serious problem.
- Composite fillings – instead of using silver amalgam fillings, our practice focuses on the use of composite resin fillings which are much more aesthetic and do not expand and contract with temperature changes. These fillings are perfect for patients who need to repair a tooth but don’t want their restorations to appear obvious.
- Root canal therapy – treatments such as root canal therapy may be necessary for patients who are faced with the prospect of extracting a tooth due to a large cavity, infection, or injury.
- Tooth extractions – our practice can provide tooth extractions as necessary, whether patients need teeth removed prior to orthodontic work to address overcrowding or require the removal of problematic wisdom teeth.
The team of Burke Parkway Dental, along with dentist Dr. Vivek Vij, help patients residing in the area of 22015 with a wide range of dental situations, including general and preventative care. If you are seeking comprehensive dental care right in your neighborhood, now is the time to make an appointment. We are located at 5765 Burke Centre Parkway and can be reached by telephone at (703) 459-9495. We are proud members of many associations including the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry.